Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Mark A. HallmanM.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ricky SharmaM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, University College London, London, GBR
Karen J. KirkbyPh.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester / Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, GBR
Heinz SchmidbergerM.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Mainz, Mainz, DEU
Chandan GuhaPh.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Sandra DemariaM.D., Professor | Pathology
Radiation Oncology, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Ralph R. WeichselbaumM.D. | Radiation Oncology
University of Chicago, The University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Ralph VatnerM.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children's, Cincinnati, OH, USA
John PerentesisM.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Division of Oncology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Mary Barcellos-HoffPh.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Amit Maity| Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, philadelphia, USA
The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles. Remember, honorariums will be awarded to the three highest-scoring articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. Eligible entries include original articles, case reports/series, review articles and technical reports.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. Reference limits vary by article type. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral – and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are selected exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2018 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT (UPDATED)
- Tuesday, February 12, 2018 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 – Crowdsourced scoring (SIQ) complete @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Thursday, March 21, 2019 – Winning articles announced