Senior Product Design Manager, Cureus, Inc.
San Francisco, CA - Full-time
We believe that medical research should be easily accessible for physicians, researchers and patients alike. Prohibitive publishing fees, excessive waiting periods and an overly political process prevent many physician researchers from publishing valuable and important work.
That’s why we created Cureus, an online medical journal with no cost to publish and free reader access. We’re working to reduce these barriers to publication whenever possible with the goal of increasing the global literature of medical knowledge.
We’ve created a proprietary publishing system where authors can publish their work in as little as a few days (compared to several months for most journals), ensuring that valuable medical knowledge can make a difference right away.
Publishing quality medical science can cost thousands of dollars and take up to a year. It doesn’t have to be that way. We’re challenging the traditional model with our online publication system that provides authors with a fast, efficient and affordable experience!
As Senior Product Design Manager at Cureus, you will be responsible for crafting the experience of thousands of users while interacting with our core product offering. Working closely with Cureus’ CMO and CTO, you will be heading up design efforts, optimizing user flow, and making the user experience easy, fast, and fun. Based in our office in San Francisco’s SOMA district, you will play a meaningful role in bridging concept to reality. Cureus aims to improve the lives of clinicians and researchers by streamlining the academic publishing process - if you want to devise and deliver high-quality solutions that help to change the publishing status quo, then we want to work with you!
- Craft elegant user experiences for both internal and external web applications.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, marketing and editorial teams to develop new features and improve existing processes.
- See the big picture to design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in UI/UX design, product design, and/or art direction experience with a focus on internet and mobile consumer products. At least 1 year of supervisory experience required.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a fast paced agile development environment including experiences with scrums and agile development tools
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX, HCI or a related field
- A beautiful, inspiring portfolio that demonstrates real life experience with interaction models, customer flows, style guides, and prototypes.
- High-level knowledge of design tools - Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, and any other tools needed to get the job done.
- Experience building and overseeing the entire user research process - everything from surveys to ethnographic research to usability testing.
Personality and Values
- Eye for design: you're passionate about design and aesthetic.
- Next-level execution: you turn product ideas into sketches, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes that bring them to life.
- Balance function and form: your design work is purposeful, and you recognize that great design brings a combination of aesthetic and usability.
At Cureus, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please contact us at: email@example.com with Senior Product Design Manager in the subject line