What are we?
Cureus is the medical journal and professional sharing platform for a new generation of doctors and patients. Based in San Francisco, California, Cureus leverages the power of an online, crowd-sourced community platform to promote medical research and discovery with tools to better serve and highlight physicians and researchers around the world. The result? Better research, faster publication and easier access for everyone.
That’s why we created Cureus, an online medical journal with no or minimal cost to publish and free reader access - a freemium business model based on digital advertising, hosting mini journals and publishing competitions. We’re working to reduce the barriers to publication whenever possible with the goal of increasing the global literature of medical knowledge.
Who are we?
We are a tight-knit group that hires smart people and trusts them to do their best to meet goals. We check egos and entitlement at the door, but welcome intellectual honesty. We take pride in our work to drive change and challenge the status quo. We're here to solve a big problem in the publishing industry. We're passionate about creating remarkable experiences and products for our customers.
Where are we?
Cureus is based in San Francisco, CA, but the entire team is currently working remotely as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Competitive salary + equity
Competitive salary & generous stock option package
Health + vision + dental insurance
Full medical, dental and vision to keep you healthy
Open vacation policy
We don’t track PTO - take the time that you need
Strategic Sales Manager
Remote - Part Time
Are you looking for a new part time challenge with an industry innovator? The Cureus Journal of Medical Science is recruiting a part time Strategic Sales Manager.
The Strategic Sales Manager will work with the CMO/COO and Digital Marketing Strategist to execute a sales plan for Academic Channels, Publishing Competitions, and Digital Marketing Campaigns that will support and achieve our accelerated revenue performance projections. The Strategic Sales Manager should use past sales experience to help strengthen and improve our current sales strategy.
- Follow up on inbound sales leads
- Liaise with the CMO/COO and Digital Marketing Strategist to generate new leads
- Organize sales funnel and lead outreach using HubSpot or similar application
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals and revenue growth targets
- Negotiate and close contracts for new sales and option add-on sales
- Demonstrated experience prospecting through a broad range of outreach methods including email marketing, targeted outbound calling, trade shows and other networking activities or equivalent customer service experience
- Enthusiasm and passion for pursuing and winning new business with a consultative, solution-sales approach
- Experience working within an academic, research or scientific environment is highly desired
- Exceptional communication skills including collaborating, negotiating, persuading, public speaking, and listening are required
- Experience with GoogleMeets, screen sharing, and leading remote pitch meetings
- Motivated, assertive, and goal-oriented with ability to work independently while also being a team player
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Experience using HubSpot or other sales management software
- It’s a plus if you bring some of your own medical industry leads and connections
- Monthly Retainer
- Generous Commission plan based on performance
For consideration, please email your resumé to: [email protected]
Full Stack Software Engineer
Remote - Full-time
Who are you?
A seasoned, full-stack software engineer familiar with Ruby on Rails. Knowledge of ReactJS and AWS is a definite plus.
As a Software Engineer at Cureus, you will be responsible for designing, building and owning the services and infrastructure that power the Cureus publishing process. You will build smart web applications and work with complex databases powering academic publishing, sponsored publishing competitions and custom branded micro-journals. Cureus aims to improve the lives of clinicians and researchers by streamlining the academic publishing process - if you want to devise and deliver high-quality solutions that help to change the publishing status quo, then we want you!
- Build, test, scale, support and frequently refine new products and services for both internal and external web applications.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, marketing and editorial teams to develop new features and improve existing processes.
- See the big picture to design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers.
- Be an owner of what you build, managing the entire product lifecycle.
- Tackle a wide variety of coding challenges throughout the stack and contribute to all parts of our code base.
- Be a team player in a small, flat-structured, highly collaborative environment.
- Be surrounded by a great team of highly talented professionals doing the best work of their lives, and having fun with it.
- At least 2 years professional software development experience preferably in Ruby on Rails.
- Strong UI/UX experience including building pixel perfect components from scratch.
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Interest in working full-stack, from optimizing database transactions to building reliable backend systems and frontend web applications.
- Data and metrics-oriented mindset: you want your work to be measurable and impactful.
- Customer empathy: you seek to understand your customers’ needs and requirements.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to context-switch, prioritize, set and meet release dates, and thrive on a fully remote team.
- Passion about learning, and tackling new and exciting technical challenges.
Please contact us at: [email protected] with Full Stack Software Engineer in the subject line
At Cureus, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.