What are we?
Cureus is the medical journal and professional sharing platform for a new generation of doctors and patients. Based in San Francisco, California, Cureus leverages the power of an online, crowd-sourced community platform to promote medical research and discovery with tools to better serve and highlight physicians and researchers around the world. The result? Better research, faster publication and easier access for everyone.
That’s why we created Cureus, an online medical journal with no or minimal cost to publish and free reader access - a freemium business model based on digital advertising, hosting mini journals and publishing competitions. We’re working to reduce the barriers to publication whenever possible with the goal of increasing the global literature of medical knowledge.
Who are we?
We are a tight-knit group that hires smart people and trusts them to do their best to meet goals. We check egos and entitlement at the door, but welcome intellectual honesty. We take pride in our work to drive change and challenge the status quo. We're here to solve a big problem in the publishing industry. We're passionate about creating remarkable experiences and products for our customers.
Where are we?
Cureus is based in San Francisco, CA, but the entire team is currently working remotely as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Competitive salary + equity
Competitive salary & generous stock option package
Health + vision + dental insurance
Full medical, dental and vision to keep you healthy
Open vacation policy
We don’t track PTO - take the time that you need
Customer Success Specialist
San Francisco, CA
As a Cureus Customer Success Specialist you will be responsible for the happiness, success and retention of our customers. You will do this through supporting our customers through the publication and review processes on our platform as well as answering other more general questions from our customers. You will also assist our editorial teams by becoming an expert on various aspects of the Cureus platform, helping streamline workflow and ensure maximum efficiency. You will also learn about our academic channel program and assist in on-boarding new channels and helping these customers be as successful as they can be. You will go above and beyond to provide world class customer experiences, resolve customer inquiries and overall put our customers first. Cureus aims to improve the lives of clinicians and researchers by streamlining the academic publishing process - if you want to devise and deliver high-quality solutions that help to change the publishing status quo, then we want you!
- Become an expert on Cureus publishing process to support our external and internal customers
- Respond or escalate support tickets from these customers as needed
- Assist in managing editorial teams by answering editor questions and overseeing editor workflow
- Work with channel clients to get new channels up and running and ensure current channels are operating efficiently and successfully
- Consistently meet personal and team qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Partner with cross-functional, internal teams on a regular basis.
- Confidently express your ideas to improve & grow the team as we scale
- 2 years experience with ticket or case resolution in a customer service, customer success or customer experience environment
- Proven success working independently, autonomously and reliably, all with a positive attitude and a smile on your face
- Experience partnering with product and development teams and subject matter experts and working in Scrum/Agile environments
- Understanding/familiarity with academic publishing (or a desire to learn)
- Experience working with ZenDesk is a plus
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
This contract position is a candidate to convert to a full time position if the contractor is successful in their responsibilities and performance.To apply for the position, please submit your application here.
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
At Cureus, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.