What are we?
Cureus is the medical journal for a new generation of doctors and patients. Based in San Francisco, California, Cureus leverages the power of an online, crowd-sourced community platform to promote medical research and discovery with tools to better serve and highlight physicians and researchers around the world. The result? Better research, faster publication and easier access for everyone.
That’s why we created Cureus, an online medical journal with no or minimal cost to publish and free reader access - a freemium business model based on digital advertising, hosting mini journals and publishing competitions. We’re working to reduce these barriers to publication whenever possible with the goal of increasing the global literature of medical knowledge.
Who are we?
We are a tight-knit group that hires smart people and trusts them to do their best to meet goals. We check egos and entitlement at the door, but welcome intellectual honesty. We take pride in our work to drive change and challenge the status quo. We're here to solve a big problem in the publishing industry. We're passionate about creating remarkable experiences and products for our customers.
Where are we?
We are located at Bespoke coworking space in the Westfield Mall in downtown San Francisco. All available positions are on-site.
Competetive salary + equity
Competitive salary & generous stock option package
Health + vision + dental insurance
Full medical, dental and vision to keep you healthy
Open vacation policy
We don’t track PTO - take the time that you need
Decompress with some indoor climbing
Great coffee for a great team
Hang out on the indoor lawn
Elevator down to BART and MUNI
Convenience for your commute
Library with sleep nooks
Time to collect your thoughts
24/7 workspace access
Full Stack Software Engineer, Cureus, Inc.
San Francisco, CA - Full-time
Who are you?
A seasoned, full-stack software engineer familiar with Ruby on Rails. Knowledge of ReactJS and Heroku is a definite plus.
As a Software Engineer at Cureus, you will be responsible for designing, building and owning the services and infrastructure that power the Cureus publishing process. You will build smart web applications and work with complex databases powering academic publishing, sponsored publishing competitions and custom branded micro-journals. Cureus aims to improve the lives of clinicians and researchers by streamlining the academic publishing process - if you want to devise and deliver high-quality solutions that help to change the publishing status quo, then we want you!
- Build, test, scale, support and frequently refine new products and services for both internal and external web applications.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, marketing and editorial teams to develop new features and improve existing processes.
- See the big picture to design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers.
- Be an owner of what you build, managing the entire product lifecycle.
- Tackle a wide variety of coding challenges throughout the stack and contribute to all parts of our code base.
- Be a team player in a small, flat-structured, highly collaborative environment.
- Be surrounded by a great team of highly talented professionals doing the best work of their lives, and having fun with it.
- Passion about learning, and tackling new and exciting technical challenges.
- Interest in working full-stack, from optimizing database transactions to building distributed systems and frontend web applications.
- Data and metrics-oriented mindset: you want your work to be measurable and impactful.
- Customer empathy: you seek to understand your customers’ needs and requirements.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
- Preferred 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- An embrace of the agile development process and lean startup approach, grounded in metrics and user data.
- Ability to design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
Please contact us at: [email protected] with Full Stack Software Engineer in the subject line
At Cureus, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.