Competition entry (i.e. article submission) is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. The following article types are eligible for prizes: case reports, original articles, technical reports and review articles. For additional information on how to publish with Cureus, please see our Author Guide.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery, document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral - and foster broader educational outreach through open access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine competition outcome.
Peer Review Panel
We’ve assembled a world-class crew of neurosurgeons to serve as peer reviewers. Led by Dr. Robert Spetzler, this team will review all submitted articles. Click on a reviewer to learn more.
Article analysis and commentary performed by the peer review panel are strictly independent of the sponsor.
Robert SpetzlerM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Department of Neurosurgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, USA
Michael LawtonM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Daniel Barrow| Neurology
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine
David Roberts| Neurological Surgery
Section of Neurosurgery, Dartmouth-Hitckcock Medical Center
Peter Nakaji| Neurological Surgery
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, USA
Jacques Morcos| Otolaryngology
University of Miami Health Systems, University of Miami
Andreas Raabe| Epidemiology and Public Health
Department of Neurosurgery, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital
Philip E. StiegM.D., Ph.D. | Neurological Surgery
Department of Neurological Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York
Aaron Cohen-GadolM.D. | Neurology
Neurological Surgery, Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
- Monday, May 12, 2014 - Competition begins: Articles may now be submitted as part of the competition.
- Friday, August 29, 2014 - Article submission deadline: All articles must be submitted by 11:59pm PT.
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Reviewing and scoring ends: All peer review and SIQ scoring must be completed by 11:59pm PT.
- Monday, October 6, 2014 - Winning articles announced: The winning authors will be contacted and the winning articles formally announced on the Cureus website.