Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Brett CristM.D. | Orthopaedics
Director, Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia, MO, USA
Valerie J. MessinaR.N. | Miscellaneous
Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine, Memorialcare Long Beach Medical Center, Long Beach, CA, USA
Windy ColeAssociate Professor, DPM | Podiatry
Director of Wound Care Research, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Laurie PunchM.D., Associate Professor | Surgery
Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO, USA
Paul J. KimM.Sc., DPM | Podiatry
Department of Plastic Surgery’s Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C., USA
Wayne A. LeeM.D. | Orthopaedics
Orthopedic Surgery, Methodist Hospital System San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Elizabeth McElroyN.P. | Miscellaneous
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care/nursing Administration, Reading Health System, West Reading, PA, USA
Ralph J. Napolitano Jr.DPM, CWSP, FACFAS | Podiatry
Podiatry and Wound Care, OrthoNeuro, New Albany, OH, USA
Dennis P. OrgillM.D., Ph.D., Professor | Plastic Surgery
Division of Plastic Surgery, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, USA
Kerry ThibodeauxM.D. | Internal Medicine
The Wound Treatment Center, Opelousas, LA, USA
Philip WrotslavskyDPM | Podiatry
Surgery, Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, CA, USA | Surgery, Pomerado Hospital, San Diego, CA, USA
Ravi A. KariaM.D. | Orthopaedics
Orthopaedics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Leo C. DeRosierM.D. | Plastic Surgery
Southeastern Plastic Surgery, Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Tallahassee, FL, USA
Luis FernandezM.D., Professor | Surgery
Section of Liver and Kidney Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
Lindsey M. WaddellN.P. | Miscellaneous
Acute Care, Skyline Medical Canter, Nashville TN, USA
Julie WestP.A. | Plastic Surgery
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Casey ThomasD.O. | Surgery
Acute Care Surgery, Salt Lake Surgical Services, Layton, UT, USA
Kersten ReiderR.N. | Miscellaneous
Wound, Ostomy, Continence, Reading Health System, West Reading, PA, USA
Sigrid Blome-EberweinM.D., Associate Professor | Plastic Surgery
Reginal Burn Center, Lehigh Valley Hospital Network, Allentown, PA, USA
Evan MiniorN.P., MSN, ENP, FNP-BC | Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
John C. LantisM.D. | Surgery
Department of Surgery, St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, USA
Mark KaplanM.D. | Surgery
General Surgery and Trauma / Acute Care, Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
John D. ThomasM.D., Fellow Physician | Internal Medicine
Wound Care, Solutions Medical Group, Humble, TX, USA
Kirsten L. SmithM.D. | Surgery
Wound Care, Methodist Hospital San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Animesh AgarwalM.D., Professor | Orthopaedics
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital, San Antonio, TX, USA
Lee KirkseyM.D. | Cardiac/Thoracic/Vascular Surgery
Vascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Competition entries will appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles! Remember, prizes will be awarded to the three highest-scoring articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. Eligible entries include original articles, case reports and technical reports.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. Reference limits vary by article type. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral – and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, July 10, 2018 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 – Crowdsourced scoring (SIQ) complete @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018 – Winning articles announced