Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
John A. Vargo| Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, USA
David Roberge| Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, University of Montréal Health Centre, Montréal, CAN
Douglas KondziolkaM.D. | Neurology
Department of Neurosurgery, NYU Langone Medical Center
Robert E. JacobsonM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, University of Miami Hospital, Miami, USA
Nikos PapanikolaouPh.D. | Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Alfred HaidenbergerM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncologist, European CyberKnife Center Munich, Munich, DEU
Lijun MaPh.D. | Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco
Marc MoisiM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Seattle Science Foundation, Seattle, USA | Neurosurgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, USA
Haisong LiuPh.D. | Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA
Joe HoPh.D. | Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sutter Health Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
Allen L. HoM.D., Resident Physician | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, USA
Dwight E. HeronM.D., Professor, MBA | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, UPMC
The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to rate and discuss these articles. Remember, a $3,000 prize will be awarded to the highest-rated article!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. Eligible entrees include case reports and case series only. All submitted work must be previously unpublished and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Competition entry is limited to only the first 50 draft article submissions (maximum one article entry per submitting author).
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, uncleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral – and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, August 29, 2017 – Competition announced
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 – Article submission deadline
- Tuesday, January 2, 2018 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018 – Competition crowdsourced review (SIQ) concludes
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 – Winning article announced