Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Ben J. SlotmanM.D., Ph.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, VU University Medical Center
Percy LeeM.D., Associate Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, Los Angeles
David A. JaffrayPh.D., Professor | Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Indrin J. ChettyPh.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health System
Paul KeallPh.D., Professor | Medical Physics
Radiation Physics Laboratory, Sydney Medical School
Eric A. MellonM.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami
Jun ItamiM.D., Ph.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo
Maria A. ThomasM.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine In St. Louis
Hong-Gyun WuM.D., Ph.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Seoul National University College of Medicine
Jan LagendijkPh.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiotherapy, University Medical Center Utrecht
C. David FullerM.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
John E. BayouthPh.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin - Madison
The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles. Remember, $6,000 in prizes will be awarded to the authors of the three highest-scoring articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. Eligible entrees include case reports and case series only. Submissions should aim for a 1,000 – 1,200 word target, with a 2,500 word maximum. A limit of five references is strongly encouraged (10 reference maximum). All submitted work must be previously unpublished and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Maximum of 3 submissions per submitting author.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral – and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 – Peer & editorial review of all eligible articles concludes
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018 – Competition crowdsourced review (SIQ) concludes @ 5:00 pm PT
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 – Winning article announced