Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Ben J. SlotmanM.D., Ph.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, VU University Medical Center
Percy LeeM.D., Associate Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, Los Angeles
David A. JaffrayPh.D., Professor | Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre | Intermountain Healthcare
Indrin J. ChettyPh.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health System
Paul KeallPh.D., Professor | Medical Physics
Radiation Physics Laboratory, Sydney Medical School
Vincenzo ValentiniM.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Policlinico Universitario Agostino Gemelli
Eric A. MellonM.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami
Jun ItamiM.D., Ph.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo
Maria A. ThomasM.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine In St. Louis
Hong-Gyun WuM.D., Ph.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Seoul National University College of Medicine
Jan LagendijkPh.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiotherapy, University Medical Center Utrecht
C. David FullerM.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
John BayouthPh.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health | Intermountain Healthcare
Competition entries will appear below as they are published. Keep checking back for published articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. Eligible entrees include case reports and case series only. Submissions should aim for a 1,000 – 1,200 word target, with a 2,500 word maximum. A limit of five references is strongly encouraged (10 reference maximum). All submitted work must be previously unpublished and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Maximum of 3 submissions per submitting author.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral – and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018 – Peer & editorial review of all eligible articles concludes
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018 – Competition crowdsourced review (SIQ) concludes @ 5:00 pm PT
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 – Winning article announced