Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
John N. CatanzaroAssistant Professor, M.D. | Cardiology
Cardiology/Electrophysiology, University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Thomas F. DeeringM.D. | Cardiology
Cardiac Electrophysiology, Piedmont Heart Institute, Atlanta, GA, USA
Sunil KapurM.D. | Cardiology
Cardiac Electrophysiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hemal NayakAssociate Professor, M.D. | Cardiology
Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Robert D. SchallerAssistant Professor, D.O. | Cardiology
Cardiac Electrophysiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Benjamin A. D'SouzaAssistant Professor, M.D. | Cardiology
Cardiology, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Keith B. AllenAssistant Professor, M.D. | Cardiac/Thoracic/Vascular Surgery
Cardiothoracic Surgery, St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City, St. Luke's Mid America Heart Institute, Kansas City, MO, USA
Frank N. SlachmanM.D. | Cardiac/Thoracic/Vascular Surgery
Cardiovascular Surgery, Mercy General Hospital, Sacramento, CA, USA
David MoralesM.D. | Cardiac/Thoracic/Vascular Surgery
Congenital Heart Surgery, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Ulrika Birgersdotter-GreenM.D. | Cardiology
Cardiology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Asad MohammadAssistant Professor, D.O., M.D. | Cardiology
Cardiac Electrophysiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
David WoodardM.D. | Cardiology
Cardiology, None, Athens, USA
The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles. Remember, honorariums will be awarded to the three highest-scoring articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. Eligible entries include original articles, case reports/series, review articles and technical reports.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting images, charts, tables and/or videos within their article submissions. Reference limits vary by article type. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
Cureus publishing competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
Winning articles are selected exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted.
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm ET (DEADLINE EXTENDED!)
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes.
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021 – Crowdsourced scoring (SIQ) complete @ 5:00 pm ET
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 – Winning articles announced