Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Karen BarbosaDO | Surgery
Breast Surgery, Alaska Breast Care Specialists
Paul BaronMD | Surgery
Roper St. Francis Breast Program, Roper St. Francis Hospital
David EuhusMD | Surgery
Surgical Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Ian GradyMD | Surgery
Surgery, North Valley Breast Clinic
Cathy L. GrahamMD | Surgery
Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Emory St. Joseph's Medical Center
Alan HollingsworthMD | Surgery
Clinical Director, Screening Programs, Aurora Healthcare US Corp, Danvers, MA, USA
Dennis HolmesMD | Surgery
Margie Petersen Breast Center, St Johns Health Center
Kevin HughesMD | Surgery
Surgical Oncology, Mass General Hospital
Alison L. LaidleyMD | Surgery
Texas Breast Specialists, Texas Oncology, Medical City Dallas Hospital, Dallas, Texas
Laura LeeMD | Surgery
Comprehensive Breast Center, Desert Regional Hospital
Rakesh PatelMD | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, Good Samaritan Hospital
James PellicaneMD | Surgery
Surgery, Bon Secours Virginia Health System
Barry RosenMD | Surgery
Department of Surgery, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
Mark YarchoanMD | Oncology
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Faustina N A. SackeyPhD | Oncology
Loeb Health Research Institute at Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Ottawa, CAN | The Medical Journal of Therapeutic Africa, The Medical Writing Institute, Haddonfield, NJ, USA
The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles. Remember, a $3,000 prize will be awarded to the authors of the highest-scoring article!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. Eligible entrees include case reports and case series only. Submissions should aim for a 1,000 – 1,200 word target, with a 2,500 word maximum. A limit of five references is strongly encouraged (10 reference maximum). All submitted work must be previously unpublished and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery, document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral - and foster broader educational outreach through open access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine competition outcome.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT
- Wednesday, July 5, 2017 – Peer & editorial review of all eligible articles concludes
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 – Competition crowdsourced review (SIQ) concludes @ 5:00 pm PT
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017 – Winning article announced