Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Steve FrankM.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Ricky SharmaM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, University College London, London, GBR
Carl RossiM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Medical Director, Scripps Proton Therapy Center
Ranald MacKayPh.D. | Medical Physics
Christie Medical Physics & Engineering, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
Lei DongPh.D., Professor | Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
Alejandro MazalPh.D. | Medical Physics
Service de Physique Medicale, Institut Curie
Jeffrey BradleyM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Director, S. Lee Kling Center for Proton Therapy
John PerentesisM.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Division of Oncology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Jean-Philippe PignolM.D., Ph.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Cancer Institute
William RegineM.D., Professor | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine
The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to rate and discuss these articles. Remember, prizes will be awarded to the three highest-rated articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. Eligible entrees include technical reports, case reports and case series only. All submitted work must be previously unpublished and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, uncleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral – and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, May 9, 2017 – Competition announced
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017 – Article submission deadline
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – Competition crowdsourced review (SIQ) concludes
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017 – Winning articles announced