Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Article analysis and commentary performed by the peer review panel are strictly independent of the sponsor.
Michael SughrueM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Gustavo PradillaM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine
Charles TeoM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Prince of Wales Private Hospital, University of New South Wales
Mykol LarvieM.D., Ph.D. | Radiology
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA | Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard Medical School
R. Shane TubbsPh.D., Professor | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Seattle Science Foundation
Ryder GwinnM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurological and Spine Surgery, Swedish Neuroscience Institute
Alireza M. MohammadiM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic
Antonio BernardoM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Brain and Spine Center, Weill Cornell Medical College
Patrick CoddM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Department of Neurosurgery, Duke University
Robert WharenM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery / Neuro Oncology Program, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
Douglas CookM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Division of Neurosurgery, Queen's University
Melanie FukuiM.D. | Radiology
Aurora Neuroscience Innovation Institute, Aurora St Luke's Medical Center
Competition entries will appear below as they are published. Keep checking back for published articles!
Competition entry and article submission are entirely free. Eligible entries include case reports / case series, technical reports, and review articles. All submitted work must be previously unpublished and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus publishing competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery, document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral – and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community-crowdsourced rating. Neither sponsoring company nor Cureus can determine the competition's outcome.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017 – Competition announced
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017 – Article submission deadline
- Wednesday, August 23, 2017 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 – Competition crowdsourced review (SIQ) concludes
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 – Winning articles announced