Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo an independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Karen BarbosaD.O. | Surgery
Breast Surgery, Alaska Breast Care Specialists
Paul BaronM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Roper St. Francis Breast Program, Roper St. Francis Hospital
Souzan El-EidM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Summerlin Hospital, CCCN
David EuhusM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Surgical Oncology, Johns Hopkins
Ian GradyM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Surgery, North Valley Breast Clinic
Cathy L. GrahamM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Emory St. Joseph's Medical Center
Alan HollingsworthM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Mercy Breast Center, Mercy Hospital - OKC
Dennis HolmesM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Margie Petersen Breast Center, St Johns Health Center
Kevin HughesM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Surgical Oncology, Mass General Hospital
Alison L. LaidleyM.D., F.A.C.S., F.R.C.S.C. | Surgery
Texas Breast Specialists, Texas Oncology, Medical City Dallas Hospital, Dallas, Texas
Laura LeeM.D. | Surgery
Comprehensive Breast Center, Desert Regional Hospital
Rakesh PatelM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, Good Samaritan Hospital
James PellicaneM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Surgery, Bon Secours Virginia Health System
Barry RosenM.D., F.A.C.S. | Surgery
Department of Surgery, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
Competition entries will appear below as they are published. Keep checking back for published articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. Eligible entrees include case reports and case series only. Submissions should aim for a 1,000 – 1,200 word target, with a 2,500 word maximum. A limit of five references is strongly encouraged (10 reference maximum). All submitted work must be previously unpublished and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery, document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral - and foster broader educational outreach through open access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine competition outcome.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT
- Wednesday, June 21, 2017 – Peer & editorial review of all eligible articles concludes
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017 – Competition crowdsourced review (SIQ) concludes @ 5:00 pm PT
- Wednesday, July 18, 2017 – Winning article announced