Peer Review Panel
All article submissions will undergo independent pre-publication peer review conducted by a world-class team of experts.
Stuart LeeM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Vidant Medical Center, Greenville, USA
Kimberly HoangM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, USA
Erin M. DunbarM.D. | Oncology
Neuro-Oncology & Palliative Care, Piedmont Brain Tumor Center, Atlanta, USA
Thomas H. BeckhamPh.D., M.D. | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Ronald ReimerM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurological Surgery, Mayo Clinic (Emeritus), Jacksonville, USA
Yazmin OdiaM.D. | Neurology
Neuro-Oncology, Miami Cancer Institute, Miami, USA
Richard CrownoverPh.D., M.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine, Little Rock, USA
Aidnag DiazProfessor, M.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, USA
Adam NowlanM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta, USA
Alexander MasinoPh.D., M.D. | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, Columbus CyberKnife, Columbus, USA
Ryan DuBoseM.Sc. | Medical Physics
Medical Physics, Carolina Regional Cancer Center, Myrtle Beach, USA
Joseph M. ZabramskiProfessor, M.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, USA
John E. WaneboM.D. | Neurological Surgery
Neurosurgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Karen FinkPh.D., M.D. | Neurology
Neuro-Oncology Associates, Baylor Scott and White Health, Dallas, USA
Competition entries will appear below as they are published. Keep checking back for published articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. Only case reports/series are eligible for submission.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting images, charts, tables and/or videos within their article submissions. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Statement of Independence
Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery and document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral and foster broader educational outreach through Open Access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of the sponsoring company.
Winning articles are selected exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither the sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine the competition outcome.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted.
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm ET (DEADLINE EXTENDED!)
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes.
- Tuesday, December 21, 2021 – Crowdsourced scoring (SIQ) complete @ 5:00 pm ET
- Thursday, December 23, 2021 – Winning articles announced