The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles. Remember, prizes will be awarded to the three highest-scoring articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. Eligible entries include original articles, case reports and technical reports.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. Reference limits vary by article type. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery, document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral - and foster broader educational outreach through open access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine competition outcome.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Peer Review Panel
We’ve assembled a world-class peer review panel to review all submitted articles. Click on a reviewer name to learn more.
Article analysis and commentary performed by the peer review panel are strictly independent of the sponsor.
Subhas GuptaM.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S., F.R.C.S.C. | Plastic Surgery
Loma Linda University Health
Allen GabrielM.D., F.A.C.S. | Plastic Surgery
PeaceHealth Medical Group
John C. LantisM.D. | Surgery
Department of Surgery, St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, USA
Devinder SinghM.D. | Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery, Anne Arundel Medical Group
Rosemary HillR.N. | Internal Medicine
Wound Ostomy Continence Care, Vancouver Coastal Health - Lions Gate Hospital
Paul J. KimM.Sc., DPM | Podiatry
Department of Plastic Surgery’s Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C., USA
Sigrid Blome-EberweinM.D., Associate Professor | Plastic Surgery
Reginal Burn Center, Lehigh Valley Hospital Network, Allentown, PA, USA
Luc TeotAssociate Professor, M.D., Ph.D. | Plastic Surgery
Department of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Montpellier University Hospital
Susan K. Mendez-EastmanR.N. | Internal Medicine
Wound Ostomy, Nebraska Medicine Bellevue
- Thursday, July 14, 2016 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted.
- Monday, October 3, 2016 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT (Deadline extended!)
- Thursday, October 20, 2016 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Thursday, December 15, 2016 – Competition crowdsourced scoring (SIQ) complete @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Thursday, December 22, 2016 – Winning articles announced