The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles. Remember, prizes will be awarded to the three highest-scoring articles!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. Eligible entries include original articles documenting related clinical and procedural experiences, patient outcomes, and/or related economic analyses.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. Reference limits vary by article type. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery, document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral - and foster broader educational outreach through open access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine competition outcome.
Peer Review Panel
We’ve assembled a world-class peer review panel to review all submitted articles. Click on a reviewer name to learn more.
Article analysis and commentary performed by the peer review panel are strictly independent of the sponsor.
Thomas E. SerenaM.D. | Emergency Medicine
Allen GabrielM.D., F.A.C.S. | Plastic Surgery
PeaceHealth Medical Group
Mark ShawD.O. | Emergency Medicine
Center for Wound Care, Mount Nittany Medical Center
Katherine A. LincolnD.O. | Family Medicine
Central Texas Wound Healing Associates
Stephanie WuM.D. | Miscellaneous
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Center for Lower Extremity Ambulatory Research
Animesh BhatiaM.D. | Surgery
Wound Clinic, Fairfield Medical Center
Brent BernsteinF.A.C.F.A.S. | Podiatry
Podiatric Surgery, St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network
David A. PougatschM.D. | Podiatry
Department of Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Regina FearmontiM.D. | Plastic Surgery
Alon Aesthetics Plastic Surgery & Skin, San Antonio, USA
Marie WilliamsM.D. | Podiatry
Podiatry, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
- Thursday, March 24, 2016 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted.
- Monday, September 26, 2016 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT. (Deadline extended!)
- Thursday, October 13, 2016 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Thursday, December 1, 2016 – Community post-pub. review (SIQ) ends @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Thursday, December 8, 2016 – Winning articles announced; the winning author(s) will be contacted and formally announced on the Cureus website.