The entry period is now closed. Competition entries appear below as they are published. Now is your chance to score and discuss these articles. Remember, a lone prize of $3,000 will be awarded to the highest-scoring article!
Competition entry and article submission is entirely free. All submitted work must be previously unpublished. Eligible entries include case reports, technical reports, review articles and original articles focusing on the continued scientific discovery of investigational cardiac radiosurgery.
All articles must be submitted and formatted via the template-driven, self-publishing Cureus platform. Authors are encouraged to include supporting animations and videos within their article submissions. Reference limits vary by article type. For additional information on publishing with Cureus, please refer to our Author Guide.
Statement of Independence
- Cureus Publishing Competitions are intended to encourage medical discovery, document clinical experiences – be they positive, negative, or neutral - and foster broader educational outreach through open access publication that is free to both authors and readers.
- Article submissions must adhere to the described “call for articles” and are open to any and all related manufacturer or vendor technologies.
- As a firewall to ensure objective and credible science, article selection, editorial review, peer review and publication are strictly independent of sponsoring company.
- Winning articles are determined exclusively via peer review panel and community crowdsourced scoring. Neither sponsoring company, nor Cureus, can determine competition outcome.
- All clinical studies must be compliant with applicable regulatory, ethics / IRB, and other rules governing protection of human subjects.
- All non-clinical studies must be compliant with applicable AAUC, AAALAC, and other related regulations.
- This program is not intended to promote or otherwise encourage unapproved, un-cleared use of products or any product for unapproved new use.
- This program in no way promotes or purports to encourage any research that is not in compliance with any local, federal, or other applicable governing laws.
Peer Review Panel
We’ve assembled a world-class peer review panel to review all submitted articles. Click on a reviewer name to learn more.
Article analysis and commentary performed by the peer review panel are strictly independent of the sponsor.
Billy W. Loo Jr.Associate Professor, M.D., Ph.D. | Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine | Stanford Cancer Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine
Jiunn-Lee LinPh.D. | Cardiology
Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital
Paul ZeiM.D., Ph.D. | Cardiology
Cardiology, Stanford University School of Medicine
Steve AxelrodPh.D. | Gastroenterology
Executive Management, G-Tech Medical
Arjun SharmaM.D. | Cardiology
Medical Safety, Boston Scientific
Cliff RobinsonM.D. | Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine
Georg A. WeidlichPh.D. | Medical Physics
Medical Physics, Zap Surgical Systems, San Carlos, USA | Medical Physics, Zap Surgical Systems, San Carlos, USA
- Wednesday, March 30, 2016 – Competition begins; articles may now be submitted.
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016 – Article submission deadline @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016 – Peer review of all eligible articles concludes @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016 – Community post-publication review (SIQ) ends @ 5:00 pm PT.
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016 – Winning articles announced; the winning author(s) will be contacted and formally announced on the Cureus website.