The goal of peer review process at Curēus is to assist an author in creating the best possible scholarly paper. We use journal-invited and author-invited peer reviewers to enable comprehensive criticism while ideally making the publishing process both fruitful and efficient.
Reviewers are made anonymous through Curēus’s automated system. When you accept an invitation to review a paper, you are assigned a Greek letter which the author will use to identify you, for example: “Reviewer Alpha.”
Curēus has implemented an electronic online editing tool (Crocodoc) to make commenting and collaboration with authors easier and much faster. While this tool has been chosen for its simplicity, we highly recommend you view a short video tutorial (2 mins).
Alternatively a reviewer can post his/her review online as full text. You will notice text boxes labeled "Discussion with Author" at the bottom of your review page. If you prefer, you may include all of your edits/comments directly as a text correspondence to the author. Although we suggest the use of Crocodoc; the choice, as a reviewer, is yours.
A few basic steps after you have been invited to review:
- After clicking on the title of the paper that was sent to you via email, read the abstract, and either a) accept or b) reject the invitation to review
- If you accept the invitation to review, you may then "Open Review Tool"
- Once the "review tool" (Crocodoc) is opened, you may press "save and close" as often as you would like.
- Press "Save and Close" in the open document if you are not yet finished with your review.
- Only press "Finish Reviewing" in the open document and/or the green "Finish Reviewing Manuscript" button on the abstract page, if and when you are completely finished with your review!
- After the author has had an opportunity to incorporate your comments, or declines to do so, you may receive additional emails to read/edit subsequent versions of a paper . Please refer to steps 4a. and 4b. for any additional manuscript versions.
- Finally, please note, that a summary page does not appear when you click "Finish," and that the only way to continue adding comments during a review is to click "Save and Close." If you find that you have accidentally pressed "Finish Reviewing" and you would like to add more to your review, contact Alex Muacevic, M.D., Co-Editor in Chief directly for assistance (email below).
Feel free to provide any feedback to the editorial staff during the review process. Our goal is to make this process easy on both the author and reviewer, and we appreciate and will constantly evolve based on your feedback.
If you have specific questions during the review process, please email the Co-Editor in Chief, Alex Muacevic, M.D., for editorial support, email the Director of Editorial Operations, Rachel Pollock Wurman, Ph.D., and for technical support queries, email our engineers. All of them may be reached via our support mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org